Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd, broadcaster, advocate and small business owner.
Date: 26 May 2020
Setting up an e-commerce website can be daunting so many online businesses start by using a marketplace or an online platform to do it all for them. But like all things Internet, the list of choices for this service grow by the day.
So how do you choose the best option for you and your business? What questions should you need to ask so you can hit the ground running with online sales? And are there any Australian options out there who do good?
This week we learn about a new app called Sipora which is taking on the Buy Now Pay Later culture head on by encouraging saving whilst spending and supporting small business along the way. Plus an added bonus; it’s an Australian concept.
How does it all work? We chat to the founder Jonathan Despinidic to find out more.
Welcome to the show Jonathan.
Topics we’ll be covering:
- Sipora offers a different type of platform for small business to sell their goods and services – what are some top tips you can give for them when they engage with online platforms generally?
- What should a small business be looking for in the contracts they sign?
- What’s a reasonable expectation for the marketing of your products?
- One aspect of platforms is the issue of transparency in the relationship with small business? What should they be on the lookout for
- Contracts & fine print
- To stand on their own small business needs to replicate the power of larger platforms and their marketing. Is this where platforms like Sipora; smaller niche platforms; offer that without all the costs associated with the Big Boys?
- What are the concerns of small business when it comes to selling online on someone else’s platform?
- Banking connections concerns,
- What is a round-up app and what makes Sipora different?
To find out more go to their website: https://www.sipora.com.au/